Nasseef House is located in Jeddah and was created by Sheikh Omar. It is one of the most prominent historical and archaeological palaces in Jeddah and was established in 1289 Hijri.
It is also considered an ancient architectural and archaeological landmark, as well as a witness to ancient architecture. It rose to prominence and was regarded as a guest castle for VIP visitors to Al-Hejaz.
A large number of princes and Kings came to it, one of the most famous of whom was King Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahman Al Saud, who settled in this palace for about 10 years after 1344 Hijri.
The Story of Nasseef House
Sheikh Omar Nassif created the Nassif Palace, which is one of Jeddah's most famous landmarks. It was visited by many princes, Kings, ministers, and intellectuals, as well as the Ottoman Sultan Wahid al-Din, the final Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, and shortly after he was deposed, the noble King Hussein of Jordan.
The grandees of Mecca were hosted and greeted at the Nassif Palace, and King Hussein and his son were also staying at the Palace, because there was no hotel or place to host visitors except the Nassif Palace at that time in Jeddah, which is one of the huge and luxurious places to host visitors to the city of Hijaz.
The Nassif palace was transformed from a guest house for VIP visitors to a site for conducting meetings and the king's residence after King Abdulaziz Al Saud annexed the Hijaz to the Sultanate of Najd and ended the Hashemite era.
After Sheikh Omar Nassif died, the inheritance was limited only to his six daughters and Sheikh Mohammed Nassif, who was the eldest heir of his grandfather, so the Ottoman governor of Jeddah, Rateb Pasha, decided to give the palace to Mohammed Nassif, perhaps he is the only one capable of making it a place suitable to receive visitors and host guests.
After that, King Faisal bin Abdul Aziz bought the palace from its heirs, and then a valuable library was added and he made it the first step for all the public libraries in Jeddah.
Sections of Nasif Palace
The ground floor of the palace has a dining room, specific rooms for children, rooms for guests and friends, and a library, as well as a (((Peristrophe))) adjacent to the palace to receive visitors, particularly during the Hajj season.
As soon as the palace started falling apart, Sheikh Mohammed Nassif suffered because of this crisis, and this is what made the Qaim Maqam (district commissioner) of Jeddah at that time, Sheikh Ibrahim bin Muammar, write to King Abdulaziz, and in order to save the palace, the king hastened to disburse money on an annual basis to preserve the palace from any damage.
The Features of Nasseef House
The palace is distinguished by a number of significant elements, such as the external facades of the Palace, which are made of wood, such as doors, windows, and dormers, and are harmoniously made and inlaid with inscriptions and decorations, there are also pointed Rib vaults, a bathroom with a circular dome, and the building was constructed with square-shaped stones brought from the sea, this made it one of the distinctive architectural buildings with strength and solidity.
The restoration of Nasseef House
On the date of 1411 Hijri, instructions were issued from the secretary of Jeddah, and this was under the decision of Prince Majid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, who was at that time the Emir of Mecca, No. 345/4, that it was necessary to establish a department in order to protect the historical area, associated directly with the secretary and also under his supervision